Friday, September 3, 2010

El bus de escuela, The School Bus (Part 2)

Well, that was a bit into the psychological side of things...

Anyway, I'm starting to take the bus home from school since my Chilean mother got a job. Yesterday was my first day to take the bus, but it never came! My Chilean brother got a ride home from a friend, and when I didn't show up at home my Chilean sister called a school friend who said I was still at school. Thank goodness for this amiga!! I couldn't survive without her. She took me under her wing and we went to the house of a boy in school and worked on dancing for La Alianza, the anniversery (of the school). I now know part of the dance to Elvis Presley's "Blue Swade Shoes". How exciting! =] These Chileans sure know how to dance...to their own music and to music from other places like the US too, (probably more than most of the US population!) Today, the bus came, a little late, but it came. The ladies were super nice. The "bus" is like a small, yellow, school van with a sign on top that says "escolares".

I'm feeling much better, partially because my cold went away and also because I got a letter from my mom that brightened my day. For the first de since I got here, I can see the mountians really and truly clearly. One day is up, the next is down. It's a roller coaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment